-
August 3rd, 2006, 04:04 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
They're 211A's that came out of a huge install, probably the huge system that was installed in Louisville (sad to see these things happen).
-
August 3rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Why is the 211 cabinet 90 pounds lighter than a 210 ? Haven't seen too many 211's.... Did Altec make a lot of them ?
-
August 3rd, 2006, 09:39 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
The 211 wasn't as common as the 210. Many, many more 210's.
You are right, the weight difference seems odd to me.
-
August 3rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
#4
Inactive Member
He's got 8 210's and 8 211's.
Woah........
Somebody fill me in on the horns. Not familiar with them.
thanx
-
August 3rd, 2006, 11:39 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Originally posted by RacerXX:
Woah........
Somebody fill me in on the horns. Not familiar with them.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The 203 is a 300 cycle muticell. Excellent "long throw" 20 by 40 type horn. Use to use them for spot fill with the big system back in the "70's
I think Todd has a spec sheet but for some reason the link there is bringing up a 329 sheet. I can email you a muticell spec sheet if you need it.
-
August 4th, 2006, 03:35 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I've got 16 cabinets for sale. I was originally thinking these were 210 cabs, but a viewer has since informed me that these are 211s cabs. Also included is the 203 horn.
Where might I find Altec documentation of the different models of A4's?
ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Altec-Voice-of-t...QQcmdZViewItem
-
August 4th, 2006, 01:15 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Maybe they're not really 90 lbs lighter... has anyone compared the dimensions? It's showing the 210 as H84"xW80-1/2". Oops!
-
August 5th, 2006, 03:47 AM
#8
Inactive Member
If I remember correctly........ my 210's are 84" tall, 32.5" wide, 39" deep and weigh about 430 lbs.
-
August 7th, 2006, 01:10 PM
#9
Inactive Member
I would have LOVED to hear that system. My local trip to the cinaplex last week left my ears practically bleeding from the terrible sound. Strange thing was- no one else seemed to be bothered by it. Just think- an entire generation (mine) that doesn't have much of a clue in the world of high fidelity theater sound reproduction.. sigh.
-
August 7th, 2006, 04:29 PM
#10
Senior Hostboard Member
The 203B has been my favorite Altec multicellular horn for home hi fi for some years now. It offers 300Hz. loading and the narrowest pattern of any of the 300Hz. horns. It works very well for hi fi and home theatre. Also, the throat adapter is built into the horn, and it is the only 300Hz. multicellular so equipped.
Grasshopper, I agree completely about modern movie theatre sound. Between the overdamped, lifeless low frequencies, the screechy titanium diaphragm highs and the too doggone loud levels, I can always wait for the DVD release.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks